This was it. The final mix of the scene myself and Justin had been working so hard to build. Within just two months we have managed to build something spectacular. This year got off to a slow start but since we began working in February it has turned out better than we have both imagined. […]Read more "The final mix 09/04/18"
Having non-specialist and specialist audiences come in and test both spatial plug-ins provided concrete evidence as to why I chose Steam Audio. I had 13 members come in and test out the unity scene. To stop them from getting distracted I setup a small, blank two room environment. This would allow them to focus on […]Read more "User testing 29/03/18"
Before the user testing, I decided that having an in depth look at both of the plug-ins. This would allow me to make my own judgments and decided what I would personally go for in terms of the project. This isn’t about what is better, it is about what is more beneficial at creating a […]Read more "Cost/benefit analysis Google Resonance vs Steam Audio 23/03/18"
Planning an asset list back in February has been extremely beneficial. Although it was not set in stone,it has allowed me to capture most of the sounds on my field recording trips. Below is the asset list. As the project began to become more populated with assets I began to also record extra sounds that […]Read more "Final Audio Placement and mixing the scene 19/03/18"
Now that the textures and shape of the scene have been updated it has sparked many ideas on how the city will sound. Taking inspiration from Deus: Ex it needs to sound spacious but the user needs to be able to stand and determine where certain sounds are coming from. For the areas you can’t […]Read more "Recording the final assets for the updated scene 16/03/18"
It has been a while since my last blog post due to many challenging issues. This was because of personal problems and due to being snowed in for a week and getting a chest infection which lasted for about 3 weeks. Nevertheless, I have kept my work flowing and recently have hit an upward slope […]Read more "Honours semester 2 recap 12/03/18"
Finally after trial and error throughout term one I have successfully managed to integrate Steam audio within Unity. A lot has changed in terms of how the project will be assembled over the coming months. Over the Christmas period I was stumped as to how I couldn’t get Steam audio working with Unreal Engine. I […]Read more "Success with the use of steam audio within unity 6/02/18"